Mom was right! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It kick starts your metabolism after 8 hours of fasting and gives you the energy needed to focus and tackle your day.
Since we are all friends here let’s be honest; MORNINGS SUCK! What if I could give you 5 ways to make your mornings a little better?
Five Breakfast Ideas that will give you a little more time each morning (who could not use an extra 20 minutes of sleep?!)
- Mini egg Frittatas – These little gems are packed with protein goodness! Make a batch on Sunday (they keep in the fridge about 3-4 days) and you are set for the week.
- Baked pumpkin spice oatmeal – One of my favorite “make ahead wonders” perfect to eat on the run! Heck, you could even portion each piece into a little baggie ahead of time and just grab and go.
- Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie – Packed with potassium, protein and folate; this smoothie does not monkey around (*groan*)!
- Oatmeal chocolate chip breakfast cookies – Cookies for breakfast you ask? Heck yes! Full of whole ingredients, no refined sugar or flour. *Recipe to be posted next week*
- Healthy freezer breakfast burritos – 30 minutes to whip up and you have breakfast for the entire week!
Now set your alarm 20 minutes later and enjoy your breakfast!