Well….Nothing really……They are both sweet and a little spicy….BUUUUUT I really do love them both…lol
OK..Enough silliness let’s get cooking!!!!
Asian Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy or tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 dash rice wine vinegar
In a large plastic bag combine flour, corn starch, black pepper, ground ginger, garlic powder, and cinnamon. Place chicken chunks in bag and shake to coat. Remove from bag and place on plate -discard flour mixture.
In a medium bowl stir together honey, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes Set aside in a large bowl.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Place chicken in small batches into skillet and brown on all sides about 7 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place on clean plate lined with paper towels. Once all chicken is cooked place in bowl with sauce and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion and serve immediately over brown rice.
YUUUUUUUMMMERS!!!! WAYYYYYY BETTER THAN TAKE OUT!!!
As Always, a BIG Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to stop by and HAPPY EATING!!